Businesses & Corporations
Mergers & Acquisitions
Employee Retirement & Benefit Plans
Venture Capital for Growth
Business Reorganization & Restructuring
Establishing & Organizing Non-Profit Organizations
Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
Wills & Estate Planning
Probate & Trusts
The focus of Mr. Wynn’s practice is business transactions and estate and business planning for individual and corporate clients.
As part of his corporate practice, Mr. Wynn advises clients about merger and acquisition agreements, sale contracts, employment agreements, covenants not to compete, nondisclosure covenants, loan agreements, security agreements, leases, securities registration statements, private placement memorandums, stock-option plans, and shareholder agreements. Mr. Wynn also advises clients about the formation and operation of limited liability companies, partnerships, joint ventures, corporations, charitable trusts, foundations, and other business and nonprofit organizations.
As part of his estate and business planning practice, Mr. Wynn structures tax-advantaged transfers of business interests to younger generation family members. A substantial portion of Mr. Wynn's practice involves the preparation of trusts, wills, and other documentation necessary to implement selected estate plans. Mr. Wynn also advises personal representatives, trustees, and other fiduciaries concerning the administration of estates and trusts, including matters related to federal and state estate tax liabilities.
Honors and Awards
- Selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America since 2001. Listed in the areas of corporate law and tax law.
- For 2018, Best Lawyers named him Huntsville Lawyer of the Year for coporate law.
- Named an Alabama Super Lawyer by SuperLawyers.com for 2010 through 2015.
- Mr. Wynn is rated by Martindale-Hubbell as AV Preeminent ®.
- American Bar Association
Business and Tax Sections
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- LL.M., Taxation, 1971, New York University, New York, NY
- J.D., 1968, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- B.S., 1965, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- All Alabama state courts
- Director, Dynetics, Inc.
- Director, Big Springs, Inc. (Huntsville Coca-Cola)
- Director, APT Research, Inc.
- Trustee, Jane K. Lowe Foundation
- Trustee, University of Alabama in Huntsville Foundation
- Director, Hudson-Alpha Institute for Biotechnology
- Director, Valley Foundation (UAB-Huntsville)
- Director, Huntsville Museum of Art
- Director, Huntsville Botanical Garden Foundation
Engineering Design Firms
Real Estate Developers