Ten firm lawyers named to Best Lawyers for 2013
Eleven Lanier Ford attorneys have been listed in the 2013 edition of Best Lawyers in America:
- Stan Rodgers, under commercial litigation, medical malpractice, professional malpractice, and personal injury litigation.
- J. R. Brooks, under commercial litigation, education, and labor and employment litigation.
- John Heacock, under commercial litigation, banking and finance litigation, and real estate litigation.
- George Royer, under First Amendment litigation, labor and employment litigation, and municipal litigation.
- John Wynn, under corporate law and tax law.
- Richard Marsden, under corporate law and tax law.
- Woody Sanderson, under education law and water law.
- Dan Beasley, under medical malpractice.
- George Knox, under medical malpractice.
- Ed Starnes, under workers’ compensation law.
Generally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States, this book frequently serves as the basis of articles about best lawyers in national magazines and local newspapers. Unlike many other legal directories, lawyers cannot pay to be listed in The Best Lawyers in America; neither does purchase of the book determine whether a lawyer is listed. Instead, practicing lawyers nominate, frequently without solicitation from the publisher, their fellow lawyers for inclusion. Lawyers then confidentially comment and vote on those nominated.
Those lawyers who vote are asked to answer this type of question in determining their vote: If you were not able to handle a relative’s legal problem because of limitations of time or conflict of interest, whom would you recommend?