Employee Retirement & Benefit Plans
Lanier Ford can help you successfully compete for and retain highly talented employees by structuring a variety of employee benefit and retirement plans. Because most plans are governed by federal laws, an employer needs competent legal advice about the tax and other effects such plans will undoubtedly have on business. Our attorneys assist employers with reporting and disclosure requirements such plans impose, as well as handling plan audits by the Internal Revenue Service or the U.S. Department of Labor.
Lanier Ford assist clients in developing plans involving—
- Health, disability, life, and travel insurance.
- Retirement, including 401(k) plans, pension plans, and profit-sharing plans.
- Fringe benefits, such as discounts on goods and services, free use of company goods or services, and on-site athletic facilities.
- Day-care centers for employees' children.
- Employee stock-ownership plans (ESOPs).
- Stock options and stock appreciation rights (SARs).
- Automobile allowances and travel expenses.
- Sales and productivity bonuses.
- Educational assistance programs.
- Legal services plans.
- Medical reimbursement plans.
- Flexible benefit plans.
- Dependent care plans.