Nine members of firm listed in Best Lawyers
Nine shareholders of the Huntsville law firm of Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne P.C. have been listed in the 2011 edition of The Best Lawyers in America. In terms of Best Lawyers, this number means that the firm is ranked number one in north Alabama and Huntsville.
The two newest members of the firm added to the list are John M. Heacock and D. Edward Starnes, III. Mr. Heacock was added in the area of commercial litigation. Mr. Starnes was added in the area of workers’compensation law.
Attorneys previously listed and once again appearing in the publication for 2010 include the following:
- Stanley Rodgers, in the areas of commercial litigation and personal injury litigation. (He has been listed in Best Lawyers for over 20 years.)
- John Wynn in the areas of corporate and tax law. (He has been listed inBest Lawyers for over 10 years.)
- J. R. Brooks, in the areas of commercial litigation and education law.
- William W. "Woody" Sanderson, Jr., in the areas of education law, environmental law, and water law.
- George W. Royer, Jr., in the area of commercial litigation.
- George E. Knox, Jr., in the area of medical malpractice law.
- Daniel F. Beasley, in the area of medical malpractice law.
Generally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States, this book frequently serves as the basis of articles about best lawyers in national magazines and local newspapers. Unlike many other legal directories, lawyers cannot pay to be listed in The Best Lawyers in America; neither does purchase of the book determine whether a lawyer is listed. Instead, practicing lawyers nominate, frequently without solicitation from the publisher, their fellow lawyers for inclusion. Lawyers then confidentially comment and vote on those nominated.
Those lawyers who vote are asked to answer this type of question in determining their vote: If you were not able to handle a relative’s legal problem because of limitations of time or conflict of interest, who would you recommend?
The largest law firm in north Alabama with over 39 attorneys, Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne is a full-service law firm, providing legal services to a wide variety of businesses, individuals, and public entities.