Lanier Ford’s Best Lawyers named for 2018
Best Lawyers in America has listed 10 Lanier Ford attorneys in its 2018 edition:
- P. Scott Arnston (in the areas of medical malpractice and personal injury litigation).
- Daniel F. Beasley (in the area of medical malpractice litigation).
- J. R. Brooks (in the areas of commercial litigation, education law, and labor and employment law).
- Todd Kelly (in the area of appellate practice).
- George E. Knox, Jr. (in the areas of medical malpractice and personal injury litigation).
- Richard Marsden (in the areas of corporate law and mergers and acquisitions).
- George W. Royer, Jr. (in the areas of First Amendment litigation, labor and employment law, and municipal law).
- William “Woody” Sanderson (in the areas of education law and water law).
- D. Edward Starnes, III (in the area of workers’ compensation).
- John R. Wynn (in the areas of corporate law and tax law).
This is the first year for Todd Kelly to appear on the list.
Generally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States, this book frequently serves as the basis of articles about best lawyers in national magazines and local newspapers. Unlike many other legal directories, lawyers cannot pay to be listed in The Best Lawyers in America; neither does purchase of the book determine whether a lawyer is listed. Instead, practicing lawyers nominate, frequently without solicitation from the publisher, their fellow lawyers for inclusion. Lawyers then confidentially comment and vote on those nominated.
Those lawyers who vote are asked to answer this type of question in determining their vote: If you were not able to handle a relative's legal problem because of limitations of time or conflict of interest, whom would you recommend?