Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Business Disputes & Commercial Litigation
Breach of Contract
Local Governments & Municipalities
Civil Rights Litigation
Mr. Corley’s practice covers a broad range of general litigation matters throughout Alabama. His litigation practice primarily involves business issues, and he regularly advises clients in matters involving employment disputes, commercial contracts, and tort allegations. He counsels employers across all industries on a broad range of employment issues and represents employers in all types of employment litigation.
Mr. Corley also represents governmental entities, public officers, and elected officials in a variety of litigation matters.
Honors and Awards
- SuperLawyers.com has selected Mr. Corley as a Rising Star from 2016 through 2019 in the area of general litigation.
Garcia v. Madison County Sheriff’s Office, No. 20-13673 (11th Cir. July 30, 2021).
Ross v. Madison County, 2021 WL 1937245 (Ala. Civ. App. May 14, 2021).
Henderson v. McMurray, 987 F.3d 997 (11th Cir. 2021).
Ahmed v. Board of Trustees of Alabama A&M University, 2020 WL 733180 (N.D. Ala. Feb. 13, 2021).
Montgomery v. Hugine, 2019 WL 2601545 (N.D. Ala June 25, 2019).
Studdard v. Alabama A&M University, 2019 WL 2185239 (N.D. Ala. May 21, 2019).
Mitchell v. K & B Fabricators, Inc., 274 So.3d 251 (Ala. 2018).
Davis v. Madison County, 2018 WL 3631707 (N.D. Ala. July 31, 2018).
Parton v. Dorning, 698 Fed.Appx. 580 (11th Cir. 2017).
Shi v. Montgomery, 679 Fed.Appx. 828 (11th Cir. 2017).
Mohr v. Science and Engineering Services, Inc., 204 F.Supp.3d 1281 (N.D. Ala. 2016).
Kim v. Board of Trustees of Alabama A&M University, 2014 WL 4792428 (N.D. Ala. Sept. 24, 2014).
LeFleur v. Hugine, 587 Fed.Appx. 536 (11th Cir. 2014).
Morris v. Town of Lexington, Alabama, 748 F.3d 1316 (11th Cir. 2014).
Charleston v. Ayers, 2014 WL 713484 (N.D. Ala. Feb. 21, 2014).
Lowber v. W. L. Halsey Grocery Co., 2013 WL 3992504 (N.D. Ala. Aug. 5, 2013).
- “Title VII Retaliation: Alabama Open Meetings Act, Alabama Law Weekly Update, January 31, 2014.
- “Standing for Shareholder Derivative Actions: Successive Compensable Injuries Under the Alabama Workers’ Compensation Act,” Alabama Law Weekly Update, August 8, 2013.
- “Appropriate Venue for Insurance Disputes: Willful Violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act,” Alabama Law Weekly Update, June 19, 2013.
- “Amendments to AIGA Do Not Apply Retroactively: Liquidated Damages Not Mandatory Under FLSA,” Alabama Law Weekly Update, February 20, 2013.
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- J.D., 2010, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, AL
Henry Upson Sims Moot Court Board
Scholar of Merit in Basic Skills of Trial Advocacy
- B.A., 2007, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Jasons Senior Honor Society
Order of Omega Honor Society
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts, Northern District of Alabama
- All Alabama State Courts
- Law Clerk for Madison County Circuit Judge William K. Bell, 2010-2011.