Breach of Contract
At the heart of almost any commercial litigation lies a breached contract. Contracts can be involved in almost any business, non-profit, or governmental pursuit. Lanier Ford’s litigation attorneys represent clients in pursuing breach-of-contract claims. They thoroughly analyze the contract, the counterclaims and defenses, and prepare and present a client’s claims and defenses effectively and efficiently.
Not only are our attorneys experienced in pursuing breach-of-contract claims before federal and state courts, but also before arbitration panels and mediators.
Among the many types of contract disputes our attorneys have litigated are the following:
- Professional service agreements.
- Insurance contracts, particularly coverage disputes.
- Employment contracts, especially noncompetition and confidentiality agreements.
- Vendor, distributor, and supplier agreements.
- Real estate contracts.
- Shareholder agreements and operating agreements for limited liability companies.
- Intellectual property licenses, involving patents, copyrights, trademarks, service marks, and trade secrets.
- Partnership agreements.
- Notes and other financial agreements.
- Sales contracts.
- Construction contracts.
Lanier Ford’s litigation attorneys also represent clients in litigation of non-contractual claims often closely associated with the breach of contract:
- Interference with a business relationship.
- Breach of a fiduciary duty.
- Misrepresentation and fraud.
- Trade-secret misappropriation.
- Deceptive trade practices.
- Misappropriation of business opportunities.
See related service area: