Attorneys practicing in this area assist employer clients in preventing lawsuits arising from discrimination and claims of retaliation by developing preventative programs and helping employers understand and apply applicable law and regulations.
Lanier Ford employment lawyers also assist employers with training programs and management systems, including—
- Preparation of employee handbooks.
- Development of policy and procedure manuals.
- Initiation of affirmative-action plans.
Lanier Ford defends claims against employers before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), in federal courts, in state courts, and by participating in arbitration or mediation efforts. Our attorneys defend lawsuits arising under the following laws, among others:
- Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended (race, national origin, color, sex, and religion).
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
- Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
- Employee Retirement Income and Security Act (ERISA).
- Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA)
- Occupational Safety and Health Act.
- Alabama Workers’ Compensation Act.
Lanier Ford's employment lawyers can also help Federal Government contractors with audits conducted by the Office of Federal Contract Compliance (OFCCP).
See related service area: