P. Scott Arnston
Long-Term Care Liability
Breach of Contract
The focus of Mr. Arnston’s practice is the defense of long-term care and assisted-living facilities, hospitals, physicians, and nurses in professional liability cases. He also defends product manufacturers and trucking companies in personal injury actions, as well as various corporations in general litigation matters.
Honors and Awards
- Since 2017, Mr. Arnston has been selected by his peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America in the areas of medical malpractice (defense) and personal injury litigation (defense).
- For 2022, Best Lawyers named Mr. Arnston as Lawyer of the Year for personal injury litigation (on behalf of defendants).
- Mr. Arnston is rated by Martindale-Hubbell as AV Preeminent ®.
“Thirty Years Later, Is the Schoolhouse Door Still Closed? Segregation in the Higher Education System of Alabama,” Alabama Law Review (1994).
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- J.D., magna cum laude, 1994, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Best Oral Advocate for First Year Moot Court
Member, Bench and Bar (legal honorary society)
Staff member, Alabama Law Review
- B.A., cum laude, 1991, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Kappa Tau Alpha
Gamma Beta Phi
- Alabama, 1994
- Tennessee, 2009
- United States District Courts
Northern District of Alabama
Middle District of Alabama
- All Alabama state courts
- All Tennessee state courts