Mr. Rodgers has always had a client-first mind set. The son of an attorney, Chris learned first-hand what it takes to create the best possible outcomes for those he defends. He witnessed the results of hard work, longer hours, and strategic planning. He learned the value of building quality relationships and the personal reward of advocating for others.
When he joined the firm in 2019, Mr. Rodgers brought with him the same dedication. He concentrates his practice in the areas of general liability, product liability, personal injury, trucking litigation, aviation defense, commercial law, employment litigation, insurance coverage litigation, professional liability, and tort litigation. He has had numerous favorable decisions rendered by the Alabama Supreme Court and has tried to verdict decisions for major automotive manufacturers, as well as agricultural, logging, and construction equipment manufacturers. One of the aspects of practicing law that Chris enjoys the most is the opportunity to interact with people on a daily basis. He collaborates closely with his clients and leverages the wisdom and winning trial experience of his law partners and associates to build the most solid case possible.
When he’s not working, Chris enjoys hunting, fishing, Alabama football and spending time with his wife, Kimberly, and their two daughters, Anna Wynn and Abbie.
Honors and Awards
- Listed by The Best Lawyers in America for aviation law and transportation law (2018).
- SuperLawyers.com has named him an Alabama Super Lawyer since 2012.
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful death action against aircraft manufacturer. U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi.
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful death action against aircraft manufacturer. U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana.
- Obtained dismissal of wrongful death action against aviation engine manufacturer. U.S. District Court, Western District of Louisiana.
- Obtained dismissal of a centrifuge manufacturer in a multiple death claim involving an explosion. Alabama State Court.
- Obtained summary judgment for a manufacturer of equipment used in an air traffic control simulator where it was alleged the plaintiff was electrocuted or shocked by the equipment receiving disabling injuries. Alabama State Court.
- Obtained summary judgment for a corporation sued when an employee was involved in a severe automobile collision with the plaintiff family while operating a vehicle owned by the corporation. Alabama State Court.
- Obtained a dismissal in a wrongful death claim involving a manufacturer of agricultural equipment. U.S. District Court, Southern District of Alabama.
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of a manufacturer of a chemical detection device in a toxic-tort claim. Alabama State Court.
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
- Aviation Insurance Association
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Trucking Industry Defense Association
- J.D., 1988, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- B.A., 1984, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- U.S. District Courts
Northern District of Alabama
Middle District of Alabama
Southern District of Alabama
- All Alabama State Courts
- Mr. Rodgers regularly lectures at meetings of the Trucking Industry Defense Association and Defense Research Institute.