Civil Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Civil Rights Litigation
Municipal and County Government Law
Insurance Coverage Disputes
Mr. Townsley regularly advises clients about the merits of their cases and defends clients in a variety of civil claims. Focused on representing defendants and their insurance companies, he handles personal injury claims from pleading, through discovery, and at trial. In the process, he often prepares opinion letters about insurance coverage.
He has experience with jury trials in several northern Alabama counties. These trials have involved claims of personal injury, premises liability, commercial liability, and breach of contract.
Kennamer v. City of Guntersville, 2020 WL 2781243 (Ala. May 29, 2020)
Zimmerman v. DealNews, No. 1180344 (Ala. Sept. 20, 2019)
Tompkins v. Cuts By Us, Inc., 2019 WL 3387775 (N.D. Ala. July 26, 2019).
- Alabama Bar Association
- Alabama Defense Lawyers Association
Treasurer, Young Lawyers Section, 2019-2020
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2014, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Order of the Coif
- M.A., 2011, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- B.A., summa cum laude, 2008, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- All Alabama Courts
- United Cerebral Palsy of Huntsville and Tennessee Valley
Member, Board of Directors, 2019-