Ms. Coolidge focuses on civil litigation, including defending employers in workers’ compensation and retaliatory discharge claims; experience in personal injury, defense of long-term care and assisted-living facilities, and other healthcare-related, professional-liability cases, as well as general tort litigation; local government and municipality law, labor and employment issues, regulatory compliance, Medicare Set-Asides (MSAs), and insurance coverage disputes.
As a registered nurse who has performed intensive patient care as well as utilization reviews, Ms. Coolidge has a unique background that assists her in defending against workers’ compensation and personal injury claims, as well as healthcare-related professional-liability cases.
Honors and Awards
- Named to the Best Lawyers Ones-to-Watch list for 2022. Chosen by the same process used to determine inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, attorneys added to the Ones-to-Watch list are young attorneys who are exhibiting outstanding professional excellence early in their careers. Ms. Coolidge is recognized in the area of workers' compensation law (on behalf of employers).
- Selected as a Rising Star by SuperLawyers.com for 2020. Patented by Super Lawyers, the selection process involves peer nominations, independent research, and peer evaluations. Selected through the same process as Super Lawyers, Rising Stars must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of the attorneys in a state are named Rising Stars.
- “The Basics: Medicare’s Interests in Claims and Settlements,” Journal of the Alabama Defense Lawyers Association, Spring 2020.
- “Medicaid Expansion: A Call for Red State Pragmatism,” student comment selected for publication on the website of the Cumberland Law Review.
- Filling in the Gaps Between Meaningful Use and Quality Improvement and Reporting, Alabama Quality Assurance Foundation, Spring 2013 meeting.
Alabama Bar Association
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2016, Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, AL
Associate Editor, Cumberland Law Review (2015-2016)
Member, Cumberland Trial Advocacy Board (2014-2015)
Member, Judge James Edwin Horton Inn of Court (2015)
Finalist, Donworth Moot Court Competition (2014)
- B.S., Nursing 2008, University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
- U.S. District Court
Northern District of Alabama
- All Alabama State Courts
- Family Services of North Alabama
Member of Board of Directors, 2017-
Vice President of the Board, June 2017-May 2021
President of the Board, May 2021-
- Case Manager, Utilization Review Nurse, and Appeals Coordinator, Marshall Medical Centers, Boaz, AL (2010-2016).
- Registered Nurse, Trauma and Burn Intensive Care Unit, University of Alabama at Birmingham Hospital, Birmingham, AL (2008-2013).