Mr. Stafford is a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group where he focuses primarily on all aspects of residential and commercial real estate transactions. Mr. Stafford represents a variety of lenders in connection with residential loans, commercial loans, and small-business loans. Mr. Stafford also advises individual buyers, sellers, landlords and tenants in connection with developed and undeveloped real estate transactions and disputes. He prepares commercial and residential leases, loan documents, real estate contracts, and conveyance documents related to all types of real estate interests. He also advises clients about general contract work and entity formation.
Mr. Stafford's practice also includes areas of intellectual property dealing with trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. He prepares trademark and copyright applications, prosecutes trademark applications before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, and analyzes a broad range of trademark and copyright issues for clients involved in disputes. He also prepares trademark and copyright licensing agreements, as well as non-disclosure agreements.
Honors and Awards
- Named to the Best Lawyers Ones-to-Watch list for 2021. Chosen by the same process used to determine inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, attorneys added to the Ones-to-Watch list are young attorneys who are exhibiting outstanding professional excellence early in their careers.
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- J.D., 2009, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Senior Editor, Alabama Law Review
Intellectual Property Society
Christian Legal Society
- B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2006, Auburn University, Auburn, AL
National Society of Collegiate Scholars
Eta Kappa Nu (Electrical Engineering Honor Society)
- Alabama, 2009
- Registered to practice before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2009
All Alabama state courts