Corey W. Jenkins
Mergers & Acquisitions
Businesses & Corporations
Contracts, Agreements & Commercial Transactions
Federal Government Contracting
Wills & Estate Planning
Mr. Jenkins advises corporate and individual clients on a broad range of business related matters at all stages of the business life cycle. He assists clients with various corporate transactions, such as mergers, stock sales, asset sales, complex licensing arrangements, joint ventures, strategic alliances, employee stock-ownership plans (ESOPs), management buyouts, corporate restructurings, and other commercial and business-related transactions. He also advises clients on estate and gift tax issues and prepares simple and complex estate plans.
- Representation of GATR Technologies, Inc., in connection with sale to Cubic Corporation for a reported purchase price of $232.5 million (Finalist, 2016 Telecommunication Services Deal of the Year, M&A Advisor).
- Representation of global information technology company in connection with numerous strategic transactions, including the following:
- Acquisition of company providing advanced information technology (IT) infrastructure solutions.
- Acquisition of consulting company specializing in database and business intelligence solutions.
- Acquisition of company specializing in system integration, application architecture design, warehousing, and enterprise software development.Acquisition of division of management and technology company focused on business intelligence services and solutions.
- Acquisition of Canadian software and integration company specializing in services and solutions related to geographic information systems.
- Complex international source-code licenses for mapping and geospatial software and technology.
- Complex international source code licenses for security software.
- Representation of government contractors in connection with various buy-side and sell- side strategic acquisitions, including companies providing cyber security, engineering, software development, logistics, IT, simulation, training, and other products, services, and capabilities.
- Representation of buy-side and sell-side strategic acquisitions related to hosting and data warehousing.
- Representation of global cyber security company in connection with strategic acquisition of situational awareness solution.
- Representation of clients in connection with transactions resulting in ownership of client by employee stock ownership plan.
- “The Corporate Life Cycle: Business and Tax Planning From Before the Cradle to After the Grave,” Tax Developments 2016 (continuing professional education program for certified public accountants sponsored by Lanier Ford), July 28, 2016.
- “Alabama Entities: Understanding Structures and Recognizing Planning Opportunities,” Tax Developments 2015 (continuing professional education program for certified public accountants sponsored by Lanier Ford), August 27, 2015.
- “The Ins and Outs of Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs),” Tax Developments 2014 (continuing professional education program for certified public accountants sponsored by Lanier Ford), July 15, 2014.
- “Equity Incentives—Business, Tax, and Other Practical Considerations,” Financial and Estate Planning Council of Huntsville, December 10, 2013.
- “Data Rights and Licensing for Government Contractors,” Corey Jenkins, Building Your Business Through Successful Government Contracting (seminar sponsored by the U.S. Small Business Administration), September 26, 2012.
- “Recent Developments Regarding the Proper Classification of Workers,” Tax Developments 2012 (continuing professional education program for certified public accountants sponsored by Lanier Ford), July 25, 2012.
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
Tax Section, Chair (2014)
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- LL.M., Taxation, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- J.D., Cumberland School of Law, Birmingham, AL
- B.S., Computer and Information Science, University of Alabama in Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
All Alabama State Courts
Mr. Jenkins previously served as an extern in the Office of Chief Counsel of the Internal Revenue Service in Birmingham, as well as a computer systems analyst and programmer for U.S. Pipe & Foundry in Birmingham.