Professional Licensure Defense
Because of Lanier Ford’s extensive experience in defending professionals in litigation matters, the firm is often called upon to assist professionals involved in regulatory complaints and grievances before various licensing boards. Lanier Ford’s attorneys have a wide range of experience defending various professionals with licensure problems of varying degrees of severity.
On some occasions, the professional only needs assistance with drafting a response to the involved board. On other occasions, the professional’s license may be at risk because of the seriousness of the allegations. In these situations, the suspension or revocation of a license can be devastating. Whether the situation calls for minimal or extensive involvement, the firm is equipped to fully assist the professional in assessing the seriousness of the allegations, consulting with the professional about available options, and—where indicated—defending the professional before the licensing board.
The firm has defended professionals before a variety of administrative boards, including—
- Alabama Board of Medical Examiners.
- Alabama Board of Dental Examiners.
- Alabama Board of Nursing.
- Alabama State Board of Prosthetists and Orthotists.
- Alabama Home Builders Licensure Board.
- Alabama General Contractors Board.
- Alabama Board of Licensure for Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors.
- Alabama Association of School Boards.