Lauren B. Houseknecht
Litigation & Dispute Resolution
Ms. Houseknecht’s practice is centered on the defense of hospitals, physicians, nurses, and long-term care and assisted-living facilities in professional liability cases. In addition to professional liability litigation, she has experience in products liability cases and has defended trucking companies, insurance carriers, insureds, and businesses in injury-related lawsuits.
Honors and Awards
- Named to the Best Lawyers Ones-to-Watch list for 2021 and 2022. Chosen by the same process used to determine inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America, attorneys added to the Ones-to-Watch list are young attorneys who are exhibiting outstanding professional excellence early in their careers. Ms. Houseknecht is recognized in the areas of personal injury litigation (on behalf of defendants) and alternative dispute resolution.
- Selected as a Rising Star by SuperLawyers.com for 2020. Patented by Super Lawyers, the selection process involves peer nominations, independent research, and peer evaluations. Selected through the same process as Super Lawyers, Rising Stars must be either 40 years old or younger or in practice for 10 years or less. No more than 2.5 percent of the attorneys in a state are named Rising Stars.
- J.D., magna cum laude, 2011, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Junior and Senior Editor, Alabama Law Review
John A. Campbell Moot Court Board
John A. Campbell Moot Court Competition Quarterfinalist
- B.A., magna cum laude, 2008, Auburn University, Alabama, AL
Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society
Auburn University Honors College
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- All Alabama state courts