David Canupp speaks at seminar about legal issues facing city and county governments
On May 11, 2019, David Canupp provided an employment law update as part of a seminar sponsored by CLE Alabama and the Culverhouse School of Law of the University of Alabama. The title of the seminar was Legal Issues Facing City and County Governments. Some of the topics addressed in Mr. Canupp’s presentation included the following:
- Trends in charges brought before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
- New overtime rule.
- Sexual orientation discrimination.
- New comparator test announced by the U.S. 11th Circuit Court of Appeals.
- Equal Rights Amendment.
- Recent 11th Circuit decision about donning and doffing under the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Small government entities and the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA).
Download a copy of the presentation.