Mr. Bailey is a civil defense trial attorney. He represents health care providers and nursing homes in medical liability cases. He defends trucking companies, insurance carriers, insureds, and businesses in injury-related lawsuits. He has litigated matters in Alabama state trial courts, federal trial courts, and arbitration.
Mr. Bailey is a registered mediator with the Alabama Center for Dispute Resolution.
- Fellow, American Bar Foundation (2015)
- International Association of Defense Counsel (IADC)
- Alabama Defense Lawyers’ Association
Member, Board of Directors (2014-17)
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
President, Young Lawyers’ Section, 2009-2010
- J.D., 1999, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Senior Editor, Alabama Law Review
Bench and Bar Legal Honor Society
- B.A., 1996, Davidson College, Davidson, NC
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Courts
Northern District of Alabama
Middle District of Alabama
Western District of Tennessee
- All Alabama state courts
Mr. Bailey is the best-selling author of the McMurtrie and Drake Legal Thrillers series, which includes The Final Reckoning, The Last Trial, Between Black and White, and The Professor. The first two novels in the series received the Beverly Hills Book Award for legal thriller of the year. Between Black and White was a finalist for the Foreword INDIES book of the year.
© 2016, 2019