Ms. Lankford regularly provides advice about insurance coverage to both domestic and international insurers about a variety of claims, including life, health, disability, commercial property, and commercial general liability claims. She represents insurers in coverage litigation, including the pursuit of declaratory judgment action and defense of actions in both first- and third-party claims. She also manages litigation matters from inception to resolution, including drafting pleadings and motions, engaging in discovery, conducting legal research, negotiating settlements, and participating in mediation.
She is experienced in such areas as products liability, insurance defense, class actions, the False Claims Act, securities law, labor and employment law, and other complex litigation matters.
- “Resolving Insurance Claim Disputes Before Trial,” ABA Compendium (of the Alternative Dispute Resolution in Life Insurance Chapter), Spring 2018.
- “The Resurgence of Cost of Insurance Litigation in Universal Life Policies,” For the Defense (Defense Research Institute), August 2017.
- “The Law of Life Insurance: Key Issues in Each State,” Life, Health, and Disability Committee Life Insurance Compendium (Alabama Chapter of the Alabama Defense Institute), Spring 2017.
- “Sex, Drugs and Secrets: LTCI, Legal Marijuana, and FOIA,” Legislative Update 2014, American Bar Association Tort, Trial, and Insurance Practice Section, Fall 2014.
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- J.D., cum laude, 2012, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
First Runner Up, Frederick Douglas Moot Court Team, Regional Competition
ACLU Oral Advocate Award
Defense Lawyers Association Award
Senior Editor, Law & Psychology Review
- B.A., 2009, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, ALNational Achievement Scholar
Recipient of Presidential Scholarship
Chair, University Leadership
- U.S. District Court
Northern District of Alabama
Middle District of Alabama
Southern District of Alabama
- All Alabama Courts
- Law Clerk for Judge Abdul K. Kallon (2012-2013), U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Alabama.