Lauren Smith participates in employment law boot camp
On September 11, 2018, Lauren Smith participated in an all-day seminar on employment law sponsored by the National Business Institute (NBI). The seminar was for managers, supervisors, and human resources professionals, as well as lawyers, paralegals, and accountants. Ms. Smith presented on the subjects of—
- FLSA Essentials: Practically Applying the Most Recent Legal Perspectives.
- Hiring and Firing: Legal Do’s and Don’ts for Crucial HR Functions.
Other topics addressed by the seminar included employee handbooks, social media policies, drugs and alcohol in the workplace, and other sensitive workplace issues. Participants were eligible for continuing professional education credit from the following organizations:
- Certified Payroll Professionals.
- Alabama State Bar (continuing legal education).
- Human Resource Certification Institute.
- International Association for Continuing Education Training.
- National Association of State Boards of Accountancy.
- Society for Human Resource Management.