Mr. Feldman advises clients about issues involving Federal government contracting laws and regulations, including the following (among others):
- Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR)
- Defense Federal Acquisition Regulation Supplement (DFARS)
- Competition in Contracting Act (CICA)
- Contract Disputes Act (CDA)
- Procurement Integrity Act (PIA)
- False Claims Act (FCA)
- Service Contract Labor Standards Statute
He also advises small businesses about the Section 8(a) program, small disadvantaged business (SDB) program, the women-owned business (WOSB) program, the service-disabled, veteran-owned small (SDVOSB) business program, and the veteran-owned small business (VOSB) program.
Honors and Awards
- Bronze Order of de Fleury Medal, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Association, 2019.
- Superstar Contracting Professional, Contract Magazine (published by the National Contract Management Association), May 2014.
- Writing Award, Boards of Contract Appeals Bar Association, 2009.
- Ramon J. Powell Legal Scholarship Legacy Award, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, 2001.
- Contract Law and Practice, Volumes 21 and 22 of the Tennessee Practice Series (Thomson Reuters).
- Government Contract Changes, 3d (Thomson Reuters).
- Government Contract Awards—Negotiation and Sealed Bidding (Thomson Reuters).
- Government Contract Guidebook, 4th (Thomson Reuters).
- Government Contracts in a Nutshell, 6th (Thomson Reuters).
- “Competitive Range,” Briefing Papers, March 19, 2019 (newsletter about government contracting published by Thomson Reuters).
- J.D., 1978, Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- B.A., 1975, State University of New York, Stony Brook, NY
New York, 1979
Not admitted in Alabama
- United States District Court, Middle District of Tennessee
- All Tennessee state courts
- All New York state courts
- Attorney adviser for the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers in Huntsville, Alabama (from 1985 to Febuary 2019), where he has advised contracting officers on federal procurement laws and regulations.
- He is a frequent speaker and has had numerous articles published in law journals.