Nine shareholders of firm listed in Best Lawyers
Nine shareholders of the Huntsville-based Lanier Ford law firm have been listed in the 2010 edition of The Best Lawyers in America:
- J. R. Brooks, in the areas of commercial litigation and education law.
- John M. Heacock, Jr., in the area of commercial litigation.
- W. Stanley Rodgers, in the areas of commercial litigation and personal injury litigation.
- George W. Royer, Jr., in the area of commercial litigation.
- John R. Wynn, in the areas of corporate law and tax law.
- William W. Sanderson, Jr., in the areas of education law, environmental law, and water law.
- Daniel F. Beasley, in the area of medical malpractice law.
- George E. Knox, Jr., in the area of medical malpractice law.
- D. Edward Starnes, III, in the area of workers’compensation law.
Generally regarded as the definitive guide to legal excellence in the United States, this book frequently serves as the basis of articles about best lawyers in national magazines and local newspapers. Unlike many other legal directories, lawyers cannot pay to be listed in The Best Lawyers in America; neither does purchase of the book determine whether a lawyer is listed. Instead, practicing lawyers nominate, frequently without solicitation from the publisher, their fellow lawyers for inclusion. Lawyers then confidentially comment and vote on those nominated.
Those lawyers who vote are asked to answer this type of question in determining their vote: If you were not able to handle a relative’s legal problem because of limitations of time or conflict of interest, whom would you recommend?