Lanier Ford has the following open positions:
The Lanier Ford law firm is seeking an experienced commercial real estate closer for its Real Estate Practice Group.
- Conducting legal research.
- Ordering municipal lien certificates.
- Preparing loan documents, settlement statements, and title policies.
- Completing UCC filings and searches.
- Reading and understanding contracts.
- Understanding and drafting various commercial documents related to conveyance, acquisitions, leases, and loans.
- Understanding title and survey reviews, objections, and cure processes.
- Reviewing various due-diligence materials and identifying issues, including those related to zoning.
- Understanding corporate entity documents.
- Collaborating with multiple parties throughout the transaction, including clients, local counsel, lenders, title companies, surveyors, and so forth.
- Detailed knowledge of the transaction process from execution of the contract through post-closing responsibilities.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter (minimal supervision), but also a team player.
- Good telephone etiquette, personable with clients, positive attitude.
- Works well under stress.
- Strong ability to multi-task.
The applicant must possess working knowledge of the following programs:
- Microsoft Word.
- Microsoft Outlook.
- Microsoft Excel.
Experience with LanTech is a plus.
- Cover letter, which should indicate the position you’re applying for and explain why you are interested in working for our firm.
- List of at least three references. For each name, please indicate the nature of your relationship with the reference. Please provide each reference's mailing address, email address, and telephone number.
On December 12, 2016, Lanier Ford will begin accepting applications from first-year law students for our 2017 summer-associate positions. We are currently planning to conduct on-campus interviews at both the University of Alabama School of Law and the Cumberland School of Law (Samford University).
We have now completed our recruiting for second-year 2017 summer associates.