Runner-Scanner with Administrative Responsibilities
Job requirements consist predominately of scanning retired files and serving as a back up to the receptionist as well as any administrative support that may be needed. Additional responsibilities include delivering messages, documents, packages, and other items to business establishments and private homes, as well as performing the following duties:
- Filing, including shifting of files.
- Assisting with setup of conference room space for meeting and special events.
- Obtaining signatures or receipts for articles delivered.
- Performing pickup and delivery of jobs by accurately by following a map or written instructions.
- Maintaining compliance with state and company standards by operating a vehicle in a safe and lawful manner and following company guidelines in the event of an accident or injury. Long-distance driving is required from time to time.
- Completing all paperwork in a timely, accurate, and legible manner.
- Stocking coolers, copiers, office supplies, and bathroom supplies.
- Picking up recycling and shred bins on a weekly basis.
- Making sure that conference rooms and bars are clean and clear of clutter, dirty dishes, and trash at all times.
- Stamping and delivering USPS mail and dropping off UPS and FedEx packages.
- Sorting and delivering mail internally.
- Performing courthouse runs to Federal and state courts.
- Completing internal copy jobs.
- Serving as a receptionist by relieving receptionist for lunch, breaks, and absences.
- Presenting a professional appearance to clients by dressing in professional attire according to company standards.
Some physical effort is required which may involve long periods of standing or other physical activities, including lifting or moving items weighing up to 50 pounds.
This position requires a valid, violation-free driver's license and proof of insurance.
This position requires the employee to work Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Lanier Ford is an equal opportunity employer.
- Cover letter, which should indicate the position you’re apply for and explain why you are interested in working for our firm.
- List of at least three references. For each name, please indicate the nature of your relationship with the reference. Please provide each reference's mailing address, e-mail address, and telephone number.
Second-Year 2019 Summer Associates
On August 5, 2018, Lanier Ford will begin accepting applications from secondyear law students for our 2019 summer-associate positions. We are currently planning to conduct on-campus interviews at the University of Alabama School of Law, the Cumberland School of Law, Vanderbilt University, and Emory University.