Commercial & Industrial Real Estate
Real Estate Financing
Real Estate Disputes
Contracts, Agreements & Commercial Transactions
Planning, Zoning, Subdivision & Land Use
As a member of the firm’s Real Estate Practice Group, Mr. Burgess’ practice is concentrated on commercial lending, real estate lending, secured transactions, loan restructuring, and real estate construction and development. His clients include traditional and non-traditional lenders, private equity investors and commercial borrowers whom he advises in the areas of commercial loan procurement, restructuring, and workouts. Mr. Burgess routinely advises clients about the acquisition and disposition of both developed and undeveloped real estate. He represents commercial landlords and tenants in the negotiation of office, retail, and ground leases. He also advises clients about general contract work, entity formation, equity reorganization, and dissolution.
Mr. Burgess serves on the firm’s executive committee.
Honors and Awards
- Served as local issuing agent for national title insurer on $38 million construction-loan facility.
- Served as lead counsel to lender in $16.5 million multistate floor-plan transaction.
- Represented lender in $6.39 million construction-loan facility for medical office complex.
- Represented lender in $6 million workout.
- Served as lead counsel to lender in $5 million senior term debt facility.
- Served as local counsel to international lender in $75 million real estate loan transaction.
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
President, Huntsville-Madison County Young Lawyers, 2006-2007
- J.D., 2004, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Senior Editor, Alabama Law Review
Justice, Law School Honor Court
Farrah Law Society
Christian Legal Society
- B.S., 2001, Birmingham-Southern College, Birmingham, AL
Varsity Baseball Team
All Alabama state courts
Minor League Baseball Player, St. Paul Saints, St. Paul, MN, 2001