Businesses & Corporations
Federal Government Contracting
Joint Ventures & Strategic Alliances
Mergers & Acquisitions
Venture Capital For Startups
Venture Capital for Growth
Business Reorganization & Restructuring
J. Dale Gipson is a corporate, transactional lawyer who represents government contractors. Mr. Gipson has extensive experience advising clients about mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring, and general contract matters. Mr. Gipson regularly assists federal contractors in the structuring and negotiation of joint ventures and teaming agreements. Mr. Gipson advises clients on a range of federal procurement issues, including bid protests, export controls, compliance issues, small business issues (including, 8(a), WOSB, SDVOSB, HUBZone, and affiliation matters), terminations, suspensions and debarments, and data rights.
Mr. Gipson has successfully represented clients before the U.S. Government Accountability Office, the SBA Office of Hearings and Appeals, and the Armed Services Board of Contract Appeals.
- “Effective Mitigation of Organizational Conflicts of Interest” (chapter), Government Contract Compliance, 2015 edition (published by Aspatore).
- American Bar Association
- Alabama Bar Association
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- J.D., cum laude, 2008, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
Lanier Ford Shaver & Payne Intellectual Property Award, 2008
- B.A., cum laude, University of Alabama in Huntsville, Huntsville, Alabama
U.S. State Department Intern, Amsterdam, 2001
- United States Court of Federal Claims
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- All Alabama state courts
Member, Board of Directors, CASA of Huntsville (Care Assurance System for the Aging and Homebound), 2009–present.