Mr. Ray litigates commercial disputes in various courts and venues (state court, federal court, and arbitration).
His experience with complex litigation (involving multiple parties, venues, or both) has involved large construction projects (private and public), real estate ownership disputes, investment transactions, professional malpractice, corporate dissolution and shareholder disputes, and employment restrictions.
His litigation experience also includes cases involving construction defects, mechanics liens and surety-bond enforcement, landlord-tenant disputes, insurance coverage disputes, property rights, shareholder disputes, corporate dissolution, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duties, fraud, trade-secret preservation, and various other statutory and common-law claims.
He regularly develops and negotiates commercial construction contracts, landlord-tenant leases, service agreements, and employment contracts.
King v. Riedl, 58 So.3d 190 (Ala. 2010).
San Francisco Residence Club, Inc. v. McDermott, 583 F.3d 750 (11th Cir. 2009).
Mendelson v. Bornblum, 2005 WL 1606068 (Tenn. Ct. App. 2005).
Ford v. Mills, 784 So.2d 315 (Ala. 2000).
- American Bar Association
ABA Forum on the Construction Industry
- Alabama Bar Association
Construction Law Section
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Tennessee Association of Construction Counsel
- Huntsville-Madison County Bar Association
- J.D., 1997, University of Alabama School of Law, Tuscaloosa, AL
- B.S., cum laude, 1993, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL
- Alabama, 1997
- Tennessee, 2003
- United States Court of Appeals for the Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court, Northern District of Alabama
- All Alabama state courts
- All Tennessee state courts